EMO TO GO
If you’re a Facebook friend or a Twitter follower of mine, then it must come as no surprise when I decided to turn our normal Hot Topic into an emo one every Wednesday. It was bound to happen, right? After all the emo updates on my status (you know, those cryptic one-liners and those occasional lines from a song), I’m pretty sure you saw this one coming.
If you don’t follow the recent developments in my life, though, I don’t blame you… Sino ba naman ako ‘di ba? *Now is this is the part where you tell me how much I actually matter to you, and how awesome I am, and how you love following my life as much as you do your favorite soap opera or something to that effect* LOL. Don’t you just hate false modesty?=)
So anyway, we started it last night… The Emo Hot Topic was, “Tell us about your painful realizations about life, love, etc. recently.” Quite a way to kick things off, don’t you think?=)
We got a whole lot of responses, and honestly, most of them really hit home. Like, seriously, OUCH. The kind of ouch that makes you want to wear all black and smear black eyeliner on your lids. Gross.
I didn’t get to share mine, and frankly I didn’t really want to for fear of having an on-air breakdown. But I decided to take the topic home with me, turn it into some sort of homework and write about it since it’s about time I post something new on my blog. Here in the privacy of my own room, I think it’s safe to enumerate some of my very own painful realizations, mostly about love. And here they are in no particular order:
1. You can find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with and be happy with him for a long time, but you can lose him in the blink of an eye.
2. When you’re in a relationship, one always loves the other more. The intensity of your feelings for each other very rarely matches. It could start off with him being more in love with you thank you are with him, and then just like that, a role reversal can happen.
3. You can’t make the other person feel the way you want them to feel. You have no control over people’s emotions other than your own.
4. Karma will bite you in the ass when you least expect it… Or even when you do expect it. It doesn’t matter, IT’S JUST GONNA HAPPEN. So don’t cheat. Don’t lie. Don’t start a relationship based on cheating and lying.
5. Not giving up on your relationship even if you were already unhappy DOES NOT guarantee that he won’t give up on you. No matter how much you want to make it work, if the other person refuses to still do it, then what else can you do?
6. The person that you trust the most can, and most likely will betray you one way or another. The person you give all of your heart to can just return it to you, BROKEN.
7. You may have a lot of other choices out there, but you can’t give them a chance if your heart doesn’t want to. It wants what it wants. And more often than not, it wants what it can not have.
8. You can be so happy and so in love one day, and be nothing but “friends” the next.
9. Forever is a load of crap. Nothing is forever. N-O-T-H-I-N-G, nothing!
Well, that’s it for now. Those were NOT AT ALL based on personal experience, by the way. Couldn’t you tell? =P